You have many reasons for hiring an accident lawyer. Accidents come in different types. In fact, some insurance companies divide them into as many as 30 different claim categories. This blog describes five common accident categories frequently handled by lawyers in Philadelphia, PA.
Five Common Accident Categories
Accidents occur regularly in life. Some involve no need to hire an attorney. Others require the help of an accident lawyer to rectify the results of someone’s negligence. Among the most common categories of accidents are these top five:
- Accidents at Work: Certain types of employment place workers at a higher risk than others do. Personal injury accidents are more common in these jobs.
- Vehicular Accidents: Of all the types of accidents, this is the most frequent. Any type of motor vehicle accident – car, truck, motorcycle, can end up with you suffering serious injuries. In Philadelphia, PA, lawyers handle multiple cases of personal injury from vehicles daily.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Some lawyers and insurance companies categorize motorcycles separately from other types of vehicular accidents. However, both types are common occurrences.
- Medical Negligence: This type of accident occurs at medical facilities or under the care of a physician.
- Slips, Trips, and Falls: Slips, trips, and falls rank close in levels to vehicular accidents. These can be seasonal and/or geographic dependent. Regions with storms and high snowfall rates are common witness to nasty accidents.
Accidents are a common occurrence in Philadelphia, PA, human nature being what it is. All such incidents do not all require the involvement of a lawyer. If, however, you do suffer injuries resulting from someone else’s negligence, you need to consider contacting an accident lawyer for advice and support. S/he can talk to you about whether pursuing legal action will result in receiving compensation for your injuries.