Slip and fall accidents can the entire spectrum of injury, from just a bump or bruise all the way up to death. It has been estimated that over a million people seek medical attention every year due to slip and fall accidents. In cases such as these, it is a good idea to seek out the help of Personal Injury Law Firms Hollywood FL.
Here are some of the main reasons slip and fall accidents occur.
* Over half of all slip and fall accidents are the direct result of dangerous walking areas. Whether it is a cluttered floor, shoddy staircases, uneven sidewalks, or even floors that are still wet from mopping, the chance of being injured while simply walking is much higher than one would think.
* One of the next highest ranking reasons for slip and fall injuries is bad weather. If it is raining heavily, the sidewalks or parking lots of businesses or city property can become rife with danger. It is the responsibility of the property owner to make sure the walkways have proper drainage so that injuries do not occur. If someone slips and falls on a slippery walkway, they need to contact Personal Injury Law Firms Hollywood FL immediately.
* Many falls can occur at nursing home or assisted living facilities. If the facility supervisor and attending staff are not paying close attention to the individual patients, the danger of an elderly person slipping and falling is high indeed.
* Other slip and fall accidents may occur on the job. There are many reasons this could happen, whether it be from improper training or even a lack of quality footwear, thousands of people annually are injured in these types of accidents while working.
* Unfortunately, there are also people who seek to defraud and bilk the system by making false claims of injury, or by trying to place the blame on those who are not truly responsible. These people make it harder for legitimate claims to be found in the favor of the injured party.
If anyone finds themselves injured in a slip and fall accident, do not delay in contacting the Law Offices of McCullough & Leboff P.A.. The can consult with the injured party and let them know the best course of action to take.