How to Pay Bail Bonds in Jefferson County TX

People who get arrested have few guarantees. However, the U.S. Constitution protects them from excessive bail. What is excessive bail? This means that bail should never be used as punishment. Furthermore, bail should not be used to raise money for the government. The sole purpose of bail is to let people get out of jail pending trial. And, hopefully it guarantees the accused will show up for court. In many jurisdictions, bails for most crimes are pre-set by local judges. However, those charged with serious felonies may have to ask for a bond hearing.

Someone on the outside must take care of bail bonds in Jefferson County TX. Bonding companies, like ASAP Bail Bonds, try to make the process easy. There are three ways bail can be paid. First, individuals can pay cash or check for the full amount of the bail. In this case, the money is returned once the case is over. If the full amount is not available, pay a bonding company a percentage, which is usually ten to fifteen percent of the bail amount. However, many folks do not understand that the percentage is not returned, but rather, it is a fee they are paying to the bonding company.

In some instances, the property may be used to pay bail, but it must be approved by officials and contain equity to cover the bail amount. Be forewarned, one can lose the property if the accused flees the jurisdiction. Some suspects may not be able to afford bail bonds in Jefferson County TX, so they must ask a judge to lower the total bond amount. And, one should have a lawyer whenever going to court about a bond.

Some defendants are allowed out on their own recognizance, which is what the courts call an O.R. bond. Defendants who get O.R. bonds usually have strong ties to the community; they have jobs and little or no criminal history. They are allowed to sign a document promising to show up in court. IDefendants who get O.R. bonds usually have strong ties to the community. Likewise, they have jobs and little or no criminal history you are having a hard time raising bond, consult with an attorney about lowering it.